HUDSON’S BAY LAUNCHES DISCOVER THIS NEW POP-UP SHOP SHOWCASES ECO-FRIENDLY FASHION AND BEAUTY BRANDS
TORONTO – Hudson’s Bay is thrilled to announce Discover This — a new pop-up shop concept arriving in stores and on thebay.com beginning March 2018. The eco-themed Discover This pop-up will feature eight new fashion and beauty brands not previously available at Hudson’s Bay. From perfect basic T’s and tanks for men and women by Canadian brand KOTN to cult beauty brand Coola to KENT’s lingerie essentials made from organic silk, Discover This is a curated assortment of new and emerging brands.
“It is important for us at Hudson’s Bay to introduce and offer our customers new brands that they can feel good about buying and using,” said Alison Coville, President, Hudson’s Bay. “Our new Discover This pop-up gives us a platform to showcase exciting eco-conscious brands in an easy-to-shop, curated environment.”
The eco-themed Discover This is the second iteration of Hudson’s Bay’s pop-up concept first launched last November with a focus on emerging Japanese designers. Designed to showcase a new theme or concept, the pop-up space inside Hudson’s Bay will be reimagined every few months and will shine a light on new of-the-moment brands.
Discover This can be found in-store at Hudson’s Bay Yorkdale, Queen Street and Sherway Gardens in Toronto, Chinook Centre in Calgary and Downtown Vancouver and online at thebay.com.
Brands include menswear, womenswear, totebags, jewelry, skincare, and more. A full list is included below:
NAADAM – Menswear and Womenswear
- Naadam specializes in clothing made from ethically-sourced cashmere, directly from their herders. The company prides itself on their clean energy powered production facilities, livable wages, programs for healthier goats and more sustainable grazing practices, and never using harsh chemicals or bleaches. Their cashmere is durable, has minimal pilling and is soft to the touch.
KOTN – Menswear and Womenswear
- Kotn was born from a desire for good quality, simple essentials that don’t cost a fortune. Their items are made from ethically-sourced authentic Egyptian cotton, bought directly from farming families in Egypt.
KENT – Lingerie and Loungwear
- Committed to natural materials for natural silhouettes, Kent Woman is a collection of organic silk lingerie and loungewear basics designed and produced in Los Angeles. Their under-apparel is less about sex and more about style and self love. Through The Female Future Project, they partner with progressive social enterprises and nonprofits making game-changing impact for women and girls in emerging markets.
HUMMING KRAFT – Backpacks and Totebags
- Humming Kraft is made of German-imported high-grade wood pulp that is eco-friendly allowing for a look and texture that is similar to paper but is washable and extremely durable even after long-time use. One tree is planted for each order placed.
COOLA – Skincare
- Coola offers high-performance sun and skincare products developed using ingredients that are organic, sustainable and locally sourced. Green yet luxurious, each of Coola’s products protect and nourish the skin with vitamins, natural protectors and age-defying antioxidants, while remaining free of parabens, petroleum and phthalates.
UMA OILS – Skincare
- For centuries, the Uma estate has farmed and crafted the world’s finest organic oils, securing the coveted role of trusted supplier to some of the world’s most prestigious beauty brands – ranging from Tom Ford to Estée Lauder. Every bottle of Uma is the culmination of rich tradition, powerful science, and love. UMA Oils aims to transform skin and overall wellbeing with their products.
KNESKO – Skincare
- Knesko offers all natural gemstone-infused collagen masks that are designed to revitalize, brighten and hydrate the skin, as well as nourish the mind, body and spirit.
SOAPPLY – Soaps
- Soapply offers natural ingredients with a plastic pump that is BPA-free, a dispenser is made from recycled glass, and labeling that is eco-friendly, printed directly on the bottle.
ABOUT HUDSON’S BAY
HBC, incorporated in 1670, is North America’s oldest company. Hudson’s Bay has grown to become Canada’s most prominent department store, today operating 89 full-line locations and thebay.com. For the first time since the banner’s inception, Hudson’s Bay opened outside of Canada with 10 new stores in the Netherlands in 2017, and an online shopping destination at hudsonsbay.nl. This expansion introduces a new and exciting shopping experience in the Netherlands, catering to the Dutch market. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality, service, and style by offering well-edited assortments of exclusive and popular fashion, beauty, home and accessory designers and brands, as well as exclusive food concepts. It is part of the HBC brand portfolio.
For more information, or images, please contact:
PR Specialist, Hudson’s Bay